Forming new friendships through a caring network of support and discovering new accessible ways to do all of your favorite things.
June 23, 2014 (Newswire) - CREATING COMMUNITY. Vision Loss Connections of Seattle provides rich cultural and recreation opportunities to people who are blind or low vision. The goal of Vision Loss Connections is to bring individuals who experience the challenge of living with vision loss together to build new friendships, provide a caring network of support and to share activities that create enjoyment, discovery and community.
Activities organized by Vision Loss Connections include:
• Seattle Art Museum Access Tours: Guided descriptive tours with docents at the Seattle Art Museum.
• Attend affordable audio-described performances at Seattle's famed 5th Avenue Theater.
• The Seattle Low-Vision support group.
• The visually impaired readers' book group at the Central Seattle Public Library.
• The Tactile Art Group- Creating art work "to be touched" in clay, stone, collage and textured paint medias.
• Seattle King Cobras Goal-ball Teams - Goal-ball, often called Soccer of the Blind is the only team sport custom designed to be played with sound and touch; and without vision.
Activities are open to people with all levels of vision loss and those experiencing the challenge of living with eye problems. Family members and friends are also a vital part of our group activities and are warmly encouraged to participate. Volunteer involvement is also welcomed!
Our mission is to promote and involve people who are visually impaired in support, education and recreation groups throughout the Puget Sound Region.
The aim of Vision Loss Connections is to promote easy and affordable access to the rich cultural and recreation opportunities that are available in the Puget Sound Region.
King 5's Evening Magazine Program highlights the Access Tours that Vision Loss Connections coordinates with the docents at the Seattle Art Museum. Watch it now and learn more about this wonderful program.
Vision Loss Connections builds new friendships through a caring network of support and discovering new accessible ways to enjoy all of your favorite things.
• Arts & Culture
• Sports & Recreation
• Support & Education
Family and friends are invited and encouraged to join in all our activities.
Telephone: 206.282.3913 Pacific Standard Time
For more information contact Vision Loss Connections Telephone 206.282.3913 Pacific Standard Time