The Cabinet of TWCX (www.twcx.org) Foundation today announce a further 5 awards to be funded from the $4.5 million Aid Fund which aims to find and back innovative ideas for increasing volunteering and charitable giving.
The Cabinet of TWCX Foundation today announce a further 5 awards to be funded from the $4.5 million Aid Fund which aims to find and back innovative ideas for increasing volunteering and charitable giving.
The TWCX (www.twcx.org) Foundation Aid Fund was started by TWCX and is a fund that grew throughout the years by TWCX and client contributions. Once a year TWCX Foundation awards the most innovative ideas dedicated to increasing volunteering and charitable giving and allocate funds to help the implementation.
Nicole Maolin, TWCX Foundation spokesperson said: 'We want to connect more people with the power to make a positive difference. Through this Fund we want to back brilliant new ideas that can help make that happen.'
5 funding awards were announced. Each has successfully demonstrated creative ways of inspiring social action. They are:
1. The Amazings: a new social venture that supports people who are retired, or about to retire, to share their skills, knowledge and passions.
2. Apps for good: an online platform that teaches young people how to build mobile apps to solve real life problems and also provides a platform for tech professionals to volunteer their expert skills.
3. Do-it Connect: the Taiwan national volunteer database will develop technology to allow organizations to search for volunteers and to enable integration with social media platforms to increase volunteering.
4. The DoNation: a new approach to sponsorship that replaces donating cash with donating actions, actively engaging the population in living more sustainably and doing social good.
5. Ecomodo: an online community marketplace that enables anyone to efficiently and confidently lend their idle resources (goods, skills and spaces) directly to others on a budget.
Taiwan Commodity Exchange (TWCX) (www.twcx.org) is a world class commodities exchange based in Taipei. It has operated as a market place for the trading of financial products to connect buyers and sellers in four different markets: commodities, equities derivative, foreign currency trading and interest rate products.
TWCX is one of the top exchanges in the world in terms of Market Capitalization. TWCX is the market of choice for local and international investors looking to gain exposure to the leading capital markets in Southeast Asia and the broader Asian continent.