Tomsk State University and the National Conservatory of Arts and Crafts signed a double diploma.
June 19, 2014 (Newswire) - Universities in concert will open a program aimed at getting double degree Master of Science, Technology and Health in the direction "Statistics and Applied Mathematics" scientific work and MA in "Applied Mathematics and Computer Science" TSU.
This joint program "Applied statistical analysis of the technical, computer and economic systems" is planned the two academic years study. First year of training takes place on the basis of the TSU, the second - on the basis of Conservatory in Paris. TSU students, admitted to the second year of study at the master's program Research and Development, will be held monthly intensive language training courses in France.
During the second year, in addition to academic disciplines, undergraduates have to do an internship in the same occupational field and write a master's thesis, the protection of which will be held in the form of video-conference with the Russian and French sides representatives.
- Our graduates improve their competitiveness as future professionals getting a master's degree of TSU, one of the leading universities of Russia, and the France prestigious university,- said the assistant professor of Chair of Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics Tatiana Kabanova. - They get good theoretical basis, as well as valuable experience, which undoubtedly will increase their professional skills. Besides, life and study in France it's an interesting memorable acquaintance with the another country language, history and culture.
For the reference
The Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers (CNAM), or National Conservatory of Arts and Crafts, is a doctoral degree-granting higher education establishment (or grand etablissement) operated by the French government, dedicated to providing education and conducting research for the promotion of science and industry. It has a large museum of inventions accessible to the public.
It was founded on 10 October 1794, during the French Revolution. It was first proposed by the Abbe Henri Gregoire as a "depository for machines, models, tools, drawings, descriptions and books in all the areas of the arts and trades".The deserted Priory of Saint-Martin-des-Champs (and particularly its Gothic refectory by Pierre de Montereau) was selected as the site of collection, which formally opened in 1802.