Attracting funding from the investment community for a small public company or promising startup just got a whole lot easier, thanks to a new book titled FUNDaMentals: The Corporate Guide to Cultivating Investor Mindshare (BSH, 2013, 278 pages).
December 19, 2012 (Newswire) - Attracting funding from the investment community for a small public company or promising startup just got a whole lot easier, thanks to a new book titled FUNDaMentals: The Corporate Guide to Cultivating Investor Mindshare (BSH, 2013, 278 pages).
In her latest effort, prolific entrepreneur and business book author Dian Griesel, Ph.D. builds on her 20 years of frontline experience, in which she and her team of communications professionals led hundreds of CEOs of publicly traded companies to thousands of one-on-one meetings with fund managers. Here she shares what was learned by attending these critically important meetings and by working with these CEOs, CFOs and COOs. As a result, the book shows public and soon-to-be-public companies how to vastly improve their chances of a positive reception (and subsequent major investment) from the financial capital markets.
The book pulls no punches in describing the importance of corporate transparency. It offers proven strategies for communicating the extensive information required by investors before they will consider financially committing their resources to a given company, no matter how worthy their product, service or mission.
FUNDaMentals shows how to:
• Establish and maintain rewarding relationships with investment professionals
• Implement an array of management strategies that investors want to see
• Perfect your company's 50-word descriptor and more extensive "elevator pitch"
• Write a compelling, up-to-date business plan
• Assemble a well-balanced, mutually supportive management team
• Gather mandatory due diligence information before you need it
• Use road shows the right way
• Gain favorable media attention and coverage via more effective news releases and powerful use of social media.
FUNDaMentals gives the astute leader a clear road map for gaining positive attention-and ultimately financial support-from the investment community.
FUNDaMentals is available on Amazon.com, and in Kindle and Nook formats. To purchase a copy of the book, please visit www.amazon.com/dp/193670501X.
For more information on the book or the author, visit www.DGIcomm.com.
Dian Griesel Inc.