Cranes are industrial machines that are in the main used for materials movements in construction sites, Production halls, assembly lines, power stations etc. This article contains all about the merits and demerits of single or double girder cranes.
April 18, 2014 (Newswire) - A general mistaken belief is that double girder cranes are harder however as per the business standards each single and double girder cranes are equally rigid, strong and difficult. This is often as a result of single girder cranes use a lot of stronger girders than double girder cranes.
The distinction between single and double girder cranes is that the effective lifting height. Generally, double girder cranes give higher lifting height. Single girder cranes value less in many ways, just one cross girder is needed, tram is less complicated, installation is faster and runway beams value less as a result of the lighter crane dead weight.
Crane producing firms nowadays is prepared to satisfy the challenges of modification, in a very perpetually dynamical market, to satisfy the important demands of material handling solutions, several crane manufacturer in india provide customers product of superior technology and lasting worth - superlative Cranes - quality Service.
The Merits and limitations of Single / double girder cranes are as follows:
Single Girder Cranes
• Single girder bridge cranes typically have a most span between twenty and fifty feet with a most elevate of 15-50 feet.
• They will handle 1-15 tonnes with bridge speeds approaching a most of two hundred feet per minute (fpm), self-propelled vehicle speeds of roughly one hundred fpm, and hoist speeds starting from 10-60 fpm
• They are candidates for lightweight to moderate service and are value effective to be used as a standby (infrequently used) crane.
• Single girder cranes cut back the full crane value on crane parts, runway structure and building.
Double Girder Cranes
• Double girder cranes are quicker, with most bridge speeds, tram speeds and hoist speeds approaching 350 fpm, 150 fpm, and 60 fpm, respectively.
• They are helpful cranes for a spread of usage levels starting from occasional, intermittent use to continuous severe service. They'll elevate up to a hundred tons.
• These is utilised at any capability wherever extraordinarily high hook elevate is needed as a result of the hook is force up between the girders.
• They are extremely appropriate wherever constellation must be fitted with walkways, crane lights, cabs, magnet cable reels or alternative special instrumentation.
BASIC CRANE COMPONENTS
The most travel structure of the Crane that spans the dimension of the bay and travels during a direction parallel to the runway. The bridge consists of 2 end trucks and one or 2 bridge girders counting on the instrumentality kind. The bridge additionally supports the self-propelled vehicle and hoisting mechanism for up and down lifting of load.
• End trucks
Set on either aspect of the bridge, the tip trucks house the wheels on that the whole crane travels. Its associate assembly consisting of structural members, wheels, bearings, axles, etc., that supports the bridge girder(s) or the tram cross member(s).
• Bridge Girder(s)
The principal horizontal beam of the Crane bridge that supports the tram and is supported by the top trucks.
The rails, beams, brackets and framework on that the Crane operates.
• Runway Rail
The rail supported by the runway beams on that the Crane travels.
The hoist mechanism may be a unit consisting of a motor drive, coupling, brakes, gearing, drum, ropes, and cargo block designed to boost, hold and lower the utmost rated load. Hoist mechanism is mounted to the self-propelled vehicle.
The unit carrying the hoisting mechanism that travels on the bridge rails in a very direction at right angles to the Crane runway. Tram frame is that the basic structure of the tram on that are mounted the hoisting and traversing mechanisms.
• Bumper (Buffer)
An energy gripping device for reducing impact once a moving crane or tram reaches the top of its permissible travel, or once two moving cranes or trolleys acquire contact.