Infoblox DNS, DHCP and IP address management (DDI) now integrates with private cloud platforms from VMware, Microsoft, HP, Cisco, BMC, CA and ElasticBox
May 14, 2014 (Newswire) - Infoblox Inc. (NYSE:BLOX), the automated network control company, is automating network services for the cloud with the industry's widest range of supported platforms. Infoblox solutions for managing DNS, DHCP and IP addresses - a category known as DDI - now integrate with private cloud platforms from seven enterprise providers - VMware, Microsoft, HP, Cisco, BMC, CA and ElasticBox - giving customers more choices than any other supplier of enterprise-grade DDI.
Private clouds are rapidly gaining traction because they enable agile and scalable delivery of IT services. As part of this, organizations with private clouds must be able to quickly add and remove applications and services; easily shift workloads across physical sites; run workloads in multi-tenant architectures and make the underlying networks resilient to failures. While many of these processes are heavily automated today from a server and storage perspective, network services are still largely managed manually, complicating and slowing down private cloud operations.
Infoblox DDI automates network services for private cloud deployments by providing:
• Network services without needless delay. Virtual machines (VMs), the building blocks of a private cloud, can be provisioned with IP addresses and DNS records in minutes, instead of the hours or days that manual processes can require. These IP addresses can be recovered and reused, and DNS records cleaned up automatically, when VMs are retired.
• A clear view through the fog. The Infoblox DDI interface, available through a web browser, gives a unified view of physical, virtual and cloud networks across multiple locations, making it easy to confirm that networks are compliant with their intended design.
• Room to grow. Infoblox DDI appliances, either physical or virtual, can be quickly added to networks as needed while maintaining a single point of control across multiple sites.
• A good night's sleep. No more calls at three in the morning to fix network outages. Automated tracking of IP addresses and DNS records eliminates IP address conflicts and DNS data entry errors - significantly reducing the risk of downtime.
In short, Infoblox enterprise-grade DDI helps enable networking teams to achieve the full potential of private cloud deployments by configuring and managing networks that are agile, scalable and reliable.
"Network control is crucial for building and managing successful private clouds," said Mike Thompson, president and chief executive officer of Groupware Technology, an IT solution provider based in Campbell, Calif. "By integrating with so many cloud platforms, Infoblox is providing a universal tool belt for our clients to get the best possible return from their investment in private cloud architecture."
"The trend lines are very clear: IT workloads are shifting to private clouds and these clouds require automation in the network layer. Infoblox is helping to meet this growing need by integrating with more cloud platforms than any other provider of commercial-grade DDI," said David Gee, executive vice president of marketing at Infoblox. "Going forward, our goal is to continue to broaden the Infoblox portfolio of private cloud integrations in response to customer demand."
Pricing and Availability
Infoblox DDI integrations with the seven cloud platforms - VMware, Microsoft, HP, Cisco, BMC, CA and ElasticBox - are all available today. For more information, please visit www.infoblox.com/cloud.
The supported orchestrators and products are:
• VMware - vCenter Orchestrator; vCloud Director (vCD), vCloud Automation Center (vCAC)
• Microsoft - System Center Orchestrator; Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
• HP - Operations Orchestration; Cloud Service Automation (CSA)
• Cisco - Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud (CIAC)
• BMC - Atrium Orchestrator; Cloud Lifecycle Manager
• CA - CA Process Automation; Auto Suite for Cloud (ASC)
• ElasticBox - ElasticBox Enterprise Edition
Infoblox (NYSE:BLOX) delivers Automated Network Control solutions, the fundamental technology that connects end users, devices and networks. These solutions enable approximately 7,100 enterprises and service providers to transform, secure and scale complex networks. Infoblox helps take the burden of complex network control out of human hands, reduce costs, and increase security, accuracy and uptime. Infoblox (www.infoblox.com) is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has operations in 25 countries.
Forward-looking and Cautionary Statements - Infoblox
Certain statements in this release are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. As such, this release is subject to the safe harbors created by U.S. Federal Securities Laws. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks that there may be design flaws in the company's products, shifts in customer demand and the IT services market in general, shifts in strategic relationships, delays in the ability to deliver products, or announcements by competitors. These and other risks may be detailed from time to time in Infoblox's periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which may be obtained from www.sec.gov. Infoblox is under no obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or alter its forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Product Information Contact:
Mr. Cherif Sleiman
General Manager Middle East
Mobile: +971 (50) 7191339