Indian Staffing Federation (ISF) and Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD) jointly organised a workshop on Management of Contract Labour in Kolkata on 18th January, 2013
January 25, 2013 (Newswire) - Indian Staffing Federation (ISF) and Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD) jointly organised a workshop on Management of Contract Labour in Kolkata on 18th January, 2013. The Workshop - Management of Contract Labour & Outsourcing - Contemporary Challenges & Remedies - saw huge participation and response from city's HR fraternity.
The workshop was an initiative to provide practical solutions to the much debated topic and and the inevitable part of HR today - Contarct Labour. The audience was taken on a multifaceted journey into the intricacies and issues around Contract Labour, and provided with the ways and means to effectively manage it.
Mr. Ramen Pandey, Working President INTUC, West Bengal, delivered a special address on the occasion on Labour Laws in Current Scenario. He touched upon various peculiarities and provided interesting insights into the world of work. He emphasized on moving towards industrial harmony, while eradicating industrial dispute.
The workshop threw light on the concept of Flexi/Temp staffing as well, and its growing importance in the world today. The speakers also delved into the importance of Flexi Staffing from the Indian context and it becoming an inevitable part of running a business in the country. The issues faced by Flexi Staffing in India were also deliberated upon.
The workshop was attended by managers, executives, top management of the reputed corporates in Kolkata alike. Speakers took queries from the audience and provided solutions to their concerns in real time.
The topics deliberated upon, and the speakers present were:
• Labor Laws in Current Scenario : Shri Ramen Pandey - Working President INTUC, West Bengal
• Contract Labor- Roles & Responsibilities of Employer & Employees: Shri. S.K. Roy - Regional Central Labor Commisioner, West Bengal
• Flexi/Temp Staffing - Impact in India & Overseas : Shri R. P. Yadav - Member Executive Board, Chairman North & East - Indian Staffing Federation & Vice Chairman ISTD - Kolkata chapter
• Flexi/Temp Staffing - Impact in Europe: Shri.Marco Valsecchi - CFO,Randstad India
• Roles & Responsibilities of Sub-Contractor within the purview of Contract Labor Act & Employment Bank for Recuitments: Shri. Ashim Roy Chowdhury - OSD & Ex-Officio Secretary, Department of Labor, Govt. of West Bengal.
• Empowering the Powerless : Shri Indranil Sengupta IAS - Additional Secretary, Labor Dept. Govt. of West Bengal
• The Basis of PF Deduction: Shri Shantanu Bondyopadhyay - Regional Providend Fund Commissioner - Kolkata
• Management of Contract Labor & Outsourcing: Ms.Shilpa Chakraborty - Head - Knowledge Resource Management - TIL Limited
• Overview on Contract Labor Regulation & Abolition Act & its Implications: Mr. Sujit Sen - Ex-Sr. VP- Bata India
• Current Industrial Relation Scenario in West Bengal: Dr. A. K. Sinha, Senior Vice President (IR & HRD), Jaya Shree Textiles, A Unit of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd. Rishra
• Applicability of ESIC benefits: Implemented as well as non implemented areas: Shri. G. C. Jena - Addl. Commissioner & Regional Director, Employees' State Insurance Corporation