iFlightPlanner officially announced the release of iFlightPlanner for iPad v2.0, the highly-anticipated upgrade to its iPad-based flight planning solution presented by Sennheiser.
April 17, 2014 (Newswire) - In addition to countless enhancements to the pilot experience throughout the app, iFlightPlanner for iPad now parallels the intuitive flight planning functionality found on iFlightPlanner.com with enhanced location-based features made possible by the iPad. The all-new features include;
- Intuitive route planning with FAA auto-routing, SIDs & STARs
- Detailed navigation logs with fuel, time & distance en route
- FAA certified weather briefs via CSC DUATS
- Integrated weight & balance calculator for nearly 1,000 aircraft
- Electronic VFR, VFR-SFRA, IFR and ICAO flight plan filing and closing
- Hi-resolution U.S. VFR sectional, IFR low/high and TAC charts
- Animated weather imagery from Velocity Weather by Baron
- Map overlays menu with interactive AIRMETs, SIGMETs and SUA
- GPS moving map with integrated flight data recorder
- Virtual GPS compatibility with Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane
- Expanded digital instrument panel with instrument approach timer
- Customizable split-screen view with enhanced approach plate viewer
- Intelligent cockpit voice recorder with auto-pause functionality
- Comprehensive Airport/Facility Directory with national fuel prices
- Digital Pilot log with currency and IMC Club proficiency tracker
- Cloud-based sync with iFlightPlanner.com, mobile.iFlightPlanner.com
"We are extremely excited to be introducing iFlightPlanner for iPad v2.0," said Andy Matthews, iFlightPlanner's Co-Founder & Director of Business Development. "An incredible amount of effort was put forth by our Crew to make so many great features come together in a way that not only responded to our members' feedback but truly enhanced the overall experience of flying with iFlightPlanner. We couldn't be more pleased!"
In addition to the all-new feature set, iFlightPlanner for iPad v2.0 is one of the first comprehensive flight planning apps for pilots with an interface that fully complies with Apple's iOS 7 Human Interface Guidelines. That design work was the catalyst for a similar redesign of iFlightPlanner.com, the hub of iFlightPlanner's integrated flight planning solution.
John Burnside, iFlightPlanner's Co-Founder and Director of Technology, lead iFlightPlanner in its strategy to make the entire set of features work together seamlessly. "Through a lot of discussion with our members, it became clear that each critical element - whether it be the route, certified weather brief, or weight and balance - should share core information and be able to communicate with each other, preventing duplicate data entry by users. The restructured 'Flights' tab within the app is the result of that vision and has created the perfect foundation to introduce new features without overwhelming pilots."
One of the key features benefiting from this new foundation is iFlightPlanner Premium Business, iFlightPlanner's multi-user platform designed for charter operators, corporate flight departments and flying organizations with the need to seamlessly share flight and aircraft information amongst their respective pilots, dispatchers, and members.
The iFlightPlanner Crew will be at SUN 'n FUN 2014, April 1 - 6, in Lakeland, FL with Sennheiser Aviation, the presenting sponsor of iFlightPlanner for iPad, in Booths B-084 and B-085. Pilots are encouraged to stop by for their personal introduction or visit http://www.iFlightPlanner.com for more information!
iFlightPlanner Premium memberships start at just $9.95/month and include access to iFlightPlanner's cloud-based flight planning technology across all of its platforms, including iFlightPlanner for iPad. iFlightPlanner Free memberships are available with no obligation and allow pilots to leverage much of iFlightPlanner's web-based technology with limited, read-only functionality on the iPad. A one-time, 30-day free trial to iFlightPlanner Premium is also available via the App Store.