General Patent Corporation's subsidiary, Leighton Technologies LLC, settled a patent infringement lawsuit with ASK, S.A. ASK-intTag LLC, and WS Packaging Group, Inc. with ASK taking a license for Leighton Technologies' patent portfolio.
May 20, 2014 (Newswire) - General Patent Corporation (GPC), a leading patent licensing firm, announced today on behalf of its subsidiary, Leighton Technologies LLC (Leighton), that it settled a patent infringement lawsuit against ASK, S.A. of Sophia Antipolis, France, ASK-intTag LLC of Essex Junction, Vt. and WS Packaging Group, Inc. of Green Bay, Wis. (ASK).
As a result of the settlement, ASK has licensed Leighton Technologies' portfolio of six "Contactless Cards" and related technology patents at a 5% royalty rate. The Leighton patent portfolio covers a hot lamination process for the manufacture of contact and contactless smart cards and RFID cards.
"We are pleased to have reached an amicable resolution of this case," said Anthony Amaral, Chief IP Counsel of General Patent Corporation.
This settlement resolves claims against ASK in Leighton Technologies LLC v. ASK, S.A., et. al. (13-CIV-8033), filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York on November 12, 2013. Leighton Technologies was represented by Kheyfits & Maloney LLP of New York, N.Y.
ASK is the fourteenth licensee of the Leighton patents. Securitag Assembly Group Co., Ltd. of Taiwan has also recently taken a license under one of the Leighton patents at Leighton's standard 5% royalty rate.
About General Patent Corporation
General Patent Corporation, headquartered in Suffern, N.Y., is a leading intellectual property boutique focusing on patent licensing and monetization. GPC represents inventors, businesses, universities and other patent owners in patent assertion matters, managing and funding patent litigation on behalf of its clients. Founded in 1987, GPC is the oldest patent enforcement firm in the world and is the managing member of Leighton Technologies LLC. For more information, visit www.GeneralPatent.com.
About Leighton Technologies LLC
Leighton Technologies LLC is the owner of six "Contactless Cards" and related U.S. Patents:
1. 5,817,207 "Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards"
2. 6,036,099 "Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card and product resulting therefrom"
3. 6,214,155 "Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards"
4. RE 40,145 "Ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices and hot or cold lamination process for the manufacture of ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices"
5. 6,514,367 "Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card"
6. 6,557,766 "Hot lamination method for a hybrid radio frequency optical memory card converting sheets into a web process"
Leighton Technologies is managed by General Patent Corporation. A non-exclusive license under these patents is available on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms. For licensing terms, please contact Kathlene Ingham at (845) 368-4000 x107. For more information on Leighton Technologies, visit www.Leighton-Tech.com.