Production and post-production professionals were given the opportunity to get an up close look at the latest editing tools available in Adobe Creative Cloud tools and the new Lumberjack system.
June 10, 2014 (Newswire) - The Editors' Lounge hosted their May event where production and post-production professionals were given the opportunity to get an up close look at the latest editing tools in Adobe® After Effects® CC and Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC that are part of the 150 brand-new features available in Adobe Creative Cloud® tools. One lucky raffle winner received a year's subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud®. The new Lumberjack System was also unveiled with valuable cost and time saving features for editors. Each month the Editors' Lounge hosts this free educational event at AlphaDogs Post Production in Burbank, CA in a hands-on seminar style. http://www.editorslounge.com
The evening kicked off with networking and a light dinner compliments of the Editors' Lounge. Demonstrations that were 45 minutes in duration were split among three rooms set up theatre style, giving attendees the opportunity to see all of the presentations given throughout the evening.
Todd Kopriva, senior software quality engineer at Adobe demonstrated the exciting new features in the next major update to Adobe After Effects CC that will be released soon. Highlights included:
• Key Cleaner effect and Advanced Spill Suppressor effect
• Live text templates created in Adobe After Effects CC editable in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
• Compositing options for each effect, including ability to confine the area affected by each effect with masks.
• Import of masks from Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Sebastian Distefano, strategic development manager at Adobe showed the ease of syncing settings and shortcuts that allow for faster and more fluid video editing from any edit bay in the world. New updates demonstrated included:
• Live text templates
• Masking and tracking directly in Premiere Pro to quickly blur out faces or license plates
• Master Clip effect feature in Adobe Premiere Pro CC & Adobe Speedgrade® CC
• Accelerated sorting & searching in the project panel for faster editing workflows
• Expanded native 4K+, Ultra HD, and RAW format support
• Improved multicam editing allowing for mix frames rates & codecs
In addition to what was shown at the Editors' Lounge, Adobe will host a worldwide event on June 18 to showcase all that's new in Creative Cloud. Register at http://adobe.ly/1lrwUB8. #CCNext
Philip Hodgetts showcased the new Lumberjack System, a muscular, real-time logging and pre-edit system for Final Cut Pro X 10.1. It was shown how simple actions on a shoot could save days in post-production. Key cost and time saving features include:
• Capturing at the source with push button ease
• Consistent keyword logging
• Keywords that are field updateable & can be back-timed
• Logging process that begins on-location as it happens
Lumberjack System not only aligns the real-time logs with the media in Keyword Collection, but also optionally creates select string-outs based on keywords, activity or person. A small investment during the shoot that pays off big time in post, whether it's non-scripted productions, sports events, conferences, or other situations where real-time capture of metadata is valuable.
The next Editors' Lounge will be held on Friday, June 27, 2014. For more details visit http://www.editorslounge.com
About the Editors' Lounge: The Editors' Lounge is a hands-on seminar for industry professionals. Each month, scores of professionals in the production and post-production industries exchange ideas, discuss trends and learn about new technologies; allowing editors to have their questions addressed objectively. To learn more visit http://www.editorslounge.com