GrandViewResearch.com has announced the addition of "Global Coal Bed Methane (CBM) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020" Market Research report to their Database.
March 28, 2014 (Newswire) - Global CBM (Coal Bed Methane) market is expected to reach USD 17.31 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2014 to 2020. Unconventional CBM reserves, especially in coal-rich regions are increasingly gaining the spotlight as the industry strives for energy independence. Exploration and commercialization of unconventional hydrocarbon energy sources is seen as a critical step by energy agencies, to stabilize the energy supply-demand gap in the coming years. With CBM being a pure natural gas form, producers and consumers also have the opportunity to obtain much needed carbon credits and tax incentives.
The strict framework designed for extraction by various environmental agencies coupled with the highly capital intensive process is expected to be a key challenge for industry participants over the next six years.
The report "CBM (Coal Bed Methane) Market Analysis and Segment Forecasts to 2020," is available now to Grand View Research customers at grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/coal-bed-methane-industry
Inquiry Before Buying @ grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/46
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
1. Global CBM production was 2,920.3 Bcf in 2013 and is expected to reach 4,667.4 Bcf by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 7% from 2014 to 2020.
2. Power generation and industrial applications dominated CBM usage, accounting for over 64% of global volumes in 2013, with the former expected to be the fastest growing CBM market, at an estimated CAGR of 8.5% from 2014 to 2020.
3. U.S. and Canada are the largest CBM producers, accounting for over 70% of global volume in 2013. U.S. CBM market revenues were estimated at USD 7.22 billion in 2013 and are exoected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2014 to 2020.
4. Asia Pacific is expected to be the most dynamic regional market, with significant unexplored reserves. China, India and Indonesia are expected to lead the Asian CBM industry. The Chinese Ministry of Land and Resources has already announced plans to produce 16 billion cubic meters of coal bed methane by 2015, while Indonesia has already audited 1,000 bcf net resources and has production target of over 15,000 bcf by 2020.
5. Key companies involved in CBM extraction include Arrow Energy, Dart Energy, Santos, PetroCHina and petronas.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global CBM market on the basis of application and region:
i. CBM Application Outlook (Volume, Bcf; Revenue, USD Billion; 2012-2020)
- Power Generation
ii. Regional coverage of the database includes:
- North America
Request Sample of This Report @ grandviewresearch.com/request/46
Latest Market Research Published By Grand View Research:
Solar Tracker Industry Trends And Market Segment Forecasts To 2018 ( grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/solar-tracker-industry ) Solar trackers could be single axis or dual axis based on the number of axis of rotation. A single axis tracker has a single axis of rotation which could be vertical, horizontal or polar aligned which moves from east to west during the course of the day. A dual axis tracker can perform any two of the above mentioned movement simultaneous thus resulting in increased level of efficiency in terms of solar energy generation. However, in spite of the advantage provided by dual axis trackers, single axis trackers are still used in plenty due to the cost advantage they provide. The high DNI (direct normal irradiance) in Europe makes trackers a preferred technology used for non renewable power generation. Single axis trackers are the most popular form of trackers in the utility power generation systems owing to their low cost and high efficiency.
Hydropower Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 ( grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hydropower-industry ) The global installed capacity for hydropower is expected to reach 1,524 GW by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Cost advantages of hydropower based electricity generation and the substitution of fossil fuel based power production in an attempt to reduce carbon emission is expected to drive market demand. According to the estimates of the International Energy Agency (IEA), the deployment of sustainable hydropower as proposed by this organization will help avoid approximately one billion tones of annual carbon dioxide emission by 2050.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit grandviewresearch.com
Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist
Grand View Research, Inc
San Francisco, California, USA
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519