Engagement period is the most romantic period for a couple. This occasion is very special for both couple and their friends. Friends and relatives want to give special gifts to the couple to make this day more special and memorable for them.
January 10, 2014 (Newswire) - Getting married is a milestone in life that not everyone is able to achieve. This fact makes it a very special occasion indeed, and worth celebrating. It is such a special event that even the engagement itself, the decision to make that lifelong commitment -is also celebrated by many couples. If a party is held for this pre-wedding celebration and you are an invited guest, it would only be right to bring the couple a present on that occasion.
Just like for a wedding present, this gift becomes all the more precious to the couple if you made a point to personalize it to their desires and/or needs. You can find engagement present ideas from wedding magazines to guide you through some possibilities. If you want a unique gift that you don't normally find in supermarkets or your standard department store, here are some places to check out:
1. Boutique shops - these shops are often small and are fashioned to cater to individual tastes, which is why most of the time they don't stock in bulk quantities. As such, you won't have to worry about duplication of your present by some other guest. At the same time, the presents here are usually handpicked by the owner, so you can generally expect better quality than what you find in department stores.
2. Craft shops - Most items found in these shops are handmade. You can find handcrafted potential gift items such as crocheted or knitted table runners or painted wooden picture frames. Good ideas for decorating the first home they'll be sharing together.
3. Online stores that specialize in handmade products - If there are no boutique or craft shop accessible to you, you can always go online where there are plenty to choose from. Although you won't be able to see them up close or even feel the material, you still have the images to go by.
4. Travel gifts - couples will always appreciate gifts of holiday breaks and travel, so if you can afford to pay for a weekend break at a romantic destination, even to the nearest countryside B&B, they will truly appreciate it.
5. Experience gifts - People nowadays like the idea of trying out a new experience, especially an exciting one, but only hesitate to do so because such experiences can be quite expensive. If the marrying couple has always wanted to try a dinner museum or a hot air balloon ride with champagne picnic, you can gift them with this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You can find online sites that sell many types of experience gifts.
6. Make Your Own - Looking for a relatively cheap present? You can make a personalized photo album or scrapbook of pictures of the couple while they were still dating and you will have made them a keepsake they will always treasure. This will need time and effort on your part, but you will get your reward when you see just how much they will appreciate it.