Not all couple who are engaged chose to have an engagement bash. For those who are maintaining low-cost budget wedding, the idea of an engagement party will not suit their financial status since they will need it primarily on their wedding day.
Not all couple who are engaged chose to have an engagement bash. For those who are maintaining low-cost budget wedding, the idea of an engagement party will not suit their financial status since they will need it primarily on their wedding day. But for others who are capable of announcing their engagement to their families and friends, it is best for them to throw one. Surely, they have allotted specific amount for the occasion, knowing that it will not greatly affect what is due for their wedding.
Presently, those who are in the position of giving such parties are those who belong to the well-to-do in the society, regardless of the origin of the tradition. For the people in show business, politicians, royalties, businessmen, such kinds of individuals can make it possible for an ideal engagement event. On the other hand, occasions such as this are associated with positive and negative ideas.
Pros of an engagement party:
1. Engagement parties allow the couple to announce their agreement to their families and friends.
2. It is an ideal start for both families (that of the bride-to-be and the groom-to-be) to get to know each member and bond for the first time.
3. The best way to express the people around them that they will soon be entering a new chapter in their lives.
4. The occasion will help the couple to have an appropriate mindset for their wedding.
Cons of an engagement party:
1. Throwing an engagement party oblige the couple to have a list of their possible wedding guests earlier than expected because everybody present in the party must be present during the wedding.
2. Additional cause of expenses since it will require venue and somebody to organize the party and food for the guests.
3. It may not appear suitable for couples who doesn't have long engagement and will host a party close to their wedding day.
4. Additional reason for the engaged couple to get stressed since the event will require a lot of party details on their part.