GrandViewResearch.com has announced the addition of "Global Adhesives and Sealants Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020" Market Research report to their Database.
Global adhesives and sealants Market is expected to reach USD 43,195.5 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of construction, automotive and packaging industries, mainly in China, India and Brazil is expected to drive the demand for both adhesives and sealants over the forecast period. However, fluctuation in prices of key feedstocks is expected to remain a primary challenge for industry participants. In addition, stringent regulatory framework, mainly in the U.S. and Europe, owing to growing environmental concerns is expected to hinder the market growth over the next six years. In order to overcome the aforementioned challenges, the industry has been shifting its focus towards developing renewable alternatives to petroleum based adhesives and sealants. Renewable adhesives and sealants are produced using vegetable oils and are environmental friendly in nature.
Water based adhesives dominated the global market, accounting for over 46% of total market volume in 2013. Water based adhesives have low environmental impact with no VOC emissions, a key factor for their high market penetration. Water based adhesives are expected to completely replace solvent based adhesives in the U.S. and European markets over the next decade. Water based adhesives are also expected to be the fastest growing technology, at an estimated CAGR of 5.4% from 2014 to 2020. The global market for hot melt adhesives is expected to reach 2,379.9 kilo tons by 2020, growing at an estimated CAGR of 5.1% from 2014 to 2020.
The report "Adhesives and Sealants Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020," is available now to Grand View Research customers and can also be purchased directly at grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/adhesives-and-sealants-market
Inquiry Before Buying @ grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/228
Further key findings from the study suggest:
1. The global market for adhesives was 8.976.6 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 12,392.2 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2014 to 2020. On the other hand, the global market for sealants was 1,764.5 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 2,371.5 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2014 to 2020.
2. Acrylic adhesives emerged as the leading product segment in the overall market for adhesives and accounted for 36.9% of total market volume in 2013. Acrylic adhesives are also expected to be the fastest growing adhesive product at an estimated CAGR of 5.3% from 2014 to 2020. Acrylic adhesives were followed by Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) adhesives which accounted for 28.1% of total market volume in 2013. Silicones emerged as the leading product in the overall sealants market and accounted for 30.3% of total market volume in 2013. Along with being the largest product segment, silicones are also expected to be the fastest growing, at an estimated CAGR of 4.9% from 2014 to 2020.
3. Pressure sensitive applications emerged as the largest segment and accounted for 29.1% of total market volume in 2013. However, furniture is expected to be the fastest growing market for adhesives at an estimated CAGR of 5.9% from 2014 to 2020. Growing disposable income level in China, Brazil and India is expected to drive the demand over the forecast period. Construction remained the largest application segment for sealants and accounted for 27.3% in 2013. Automotive followed construction and accounted for 19.2% of total sealants market volume in 2013.
4. Asia Pacific dominated both, adhesives and sealants demand and accounted for 42.6% and 39.2% of total market in 2013, respectively. Europe followed Asia Pacific in the overall market and accounted for over 28% of total market volume in 2013. Asia Pacific is also expected to be the fastest growing regional market for adhesives and sealants, at an estimated CAGR of 5.9% and 5.3% from 2014 to 2020, respectively.
5. The global market for adhesives and sealants is dominated by multinational corporations, present across the value chain. The global market is fairly concentrated with top four companies including Henkel, 3M, HB Fuller and Dow Chemical Company, which accounted for nearly 48% of total market in 2013. Some other key companies operating in the global market include Avery Dennison, BASF, Eastman Chemical Company, Bostik SA, Ashland Inc. and Ellsworth Adhesives.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global adhesives and sealants market on the basis of technology, product, application and region:
Request Sample of this report @ grandviewresearch.com/request/228
i. Global Adhesives Technology Outlook
- Hot Melt
- Reactive & Other
ii. Global Adhesives Product Outlook
- Styrenic Block
iii. Global Adhesives Application Outlook
- Pressure Sensitive Applications
iv. Adhesives Regional Outlook,
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
v. Global Sealants Product Outlook
vi. Global Sealants Application Outlook
- Pressure Sensitive Tapes
vii. Sealants Regional Outlook,
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Latest Market Research Published By Grand View Research:
Asia Pacific PoC Diagnostics Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 ( grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/asia-pacific-poc-diagnostics-market ) The Asia Pacific market for point of care (PoC) diagnostics is expected to reach USD 5,427.1 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing base of geriatric population and the ability to render immediate results and improve patient care coupled with rising market penetration of PACS (picture archiving and communication systems) and EMR (electronic medical records) are expected to drive demand over the next six years. Skilled staff shortages, especially pertaining to the field of diagnostics are also expected to accelerate the market penetration rates of PoC products, by expediting lab automation processes.
Bioinformatics Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 ( grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bioinformatics-industry ) The global market for bioinformatics is expected to reach USD 12.48 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Rapidly declining prices of DNA sequencing, growing adoption rates of bioinformatics as a cost effective tool for database management during clinical trials, increasing government initiatives encouraging the use of bioinformatics in drug discovery and the use of bioinformatics tools in emerging fields such as chemogenomics are some of the factors expected to drive market growth over the next six years.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit grandviewresearch.com
Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist
Grand View Research, Inc
San Francisco, California, USA
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519